Have consumers show you their journey through a decision, product use or consumption journey.
How the process works
- Identify the journey to investigate in the study
- Work with our Research Managers to develop a research protocol to explore different points along the journey continuum
- Recruit key audience segments (e.g. Loyalists, Casuals, Lapsed)
- Use mindswarms remote video capture to have participants provide insight on their journey, touching on rational or emotional touchpoints
- Synthesize findings into Journey Mapping report
- Beginning, middle and end check-in
- Physical environmental reporting (e.g. drive thru menu ordering experience)
- Diaries (e.g. report on the changing relationship with music having a smart speaker in the home)
- Micro moments (e.g. have consumers report when a key event occurs, like in our work with Think with Google)
Timing and cost
- Journey Mapping projects can take from one to four weeks or more to complete, depending on study complexity.
- Typical projects involve 15-30 participants.
- Fees including screener development, study management, recruiting, hand-selecting the best candidates, QA of videos, respondent incentives, and transcripts @$500/person for US respondents, and $1,000/person for international markets (additional incentives may be required if travel or retail visits are required).
- Fees for optional analysis start at $7,500 for a report on a 15 person study, and $12,500 for a 30 person study
- Fees for optional edited video start at $5,000 for a 90-120 second highlight reel with title cards and music (B roll and motion graphics are extra)
- For projects where shopping missions or travel outside of the home is required, additional incentives may be required.
Example: 20 participants each answer 10 questions using the video on their smartphone or laptop. That produces 200 x 1 minute video clips and corresponding transcripts (both Google Speech, and a parallel service that includes a human’s eyes to capture important nuances).
All delivered via a cloud-based link that is shareable, and assets that can be downloaded (videos in MP4 format) to be used to bring the insights to life for presentations, and highly engage audiences.